Before I post my Top 10 albums of 2014, I need to do some clean-up here. And post a list of my top albums of, well, 2013. Finally. Gosh, I’m slow. So ashamed!
Because of the, erm, timeliness of this, I’m just going to provide a list: No boring commentary this time. Maybe I’ll do better when I post—in a more timely fashion, I promise—my list for 2014.
10. AM, Arctic Monkeys
9. Bad Religion’s True North
8. Miracle Temple by Mount Moriah
7. Bassekou Kouyate & Ngboni Ba’s Jama Ko
6. Rule the World by Max Gomez
5. Coming Tide, Luke Winslow-King
4. Impossible Truth, William Tyler
3. Like a Rose by Ashley Monroe
2. Christian Kjellvander’s The Pitcher
And my favorite album of 2013
was . . .
1. Southeastern by Jason Isbell
: Honky Tonk
, Son Volt; Set You Free
, Gary Allan; Aheym
, Kronos Quartet with Bryce Dessner; and San Fermin
by San Fermin.